Genoa has a wide range of restaurants and bars. Some have a long standing tradition, others are very new and exciting for the specialties they offer. Quality slow-food and a very enjoyable surrounding is common to many of these often smaller places. Select your most favorite ones. Viewing by opening this blog page fully, you will find some of my suggestions which may suit you and make your stay even more pleasant.
Other convenient and interesting restaurants in town to discover are:
- Cavour 21, Piazza Cavour 21r, 16128, Genova Tel 3938511140 – known for the best pesto in the world. Very conveniently priced.
- Irish Pub, Vico della Croce Bianca, 39/r, 16123 Genova Tel 0100985326 – Pizza made in wood oven, with a great selection of beer
- Mangiabuono, Vico Vegetti 3/R, 16123 Genova Tel. 010-250501 – excellent local kitchen.
- Trattoria delle Grazie, Via delle Grazie, 48r, 16128 Genova – Tel 010-8698240, Italian, Fish, Mediterranean
- Trattoria Da Gianna, Vico della Camelle, 26r, 16128 Genova – Tel 010-2468659m Italian, Fish, Mediterranean
- A Cornabuggia, Piazza del Carmine 10r, 16127 Genova – tel 0102462447 – Tipical Genovese dishes
- Da Gaia, Vico dell’Argento, 16124 Genova Tel 0102461629 – Ligurian Specialties in a special atmosphere
- Sciuscia & Sciorbi, 25 Aprile, 32r, Genova Tel 348-8391924 – Pizza of a special kind
- Glo Glo, Piazza Lavagna, 19, 16123 Genova, Tel 342 5748457 convenient for a dinner in the open air
- Il Pasto di Varsavia, Via San Donato, 13, Genova, Tel 342 1438384 to eat differently – try the Gulash their speciality
- Bottega del Conte, Via delle Grazie, 47, Genova, Tel 010 2468356 a Bar for a wonderful discovery
- Trattoria Ugo, Via dei Giustiniani, 86, 16123 Genova Tel 010 246 9302 – Typical local food – booking required
- Ostaia do Castello, Salita S. Maria di Castello, 15, 16123 Genova, Tel 010 860 2064 very close to the apartment “Maria”
- La Sosta degli Artisti, Via di S. Donato, 55, 16123 Genova Tel 010-24666149 – Pizza of high quality
- Osteria San Matteo, Piazza San Matteo 4 / 5, 16123 Genova Tel 010-2473282 – Excellent for it’s rich selection of food and wine.
- Caffé degli Specchi, Salita Pollaiuoli 43, 16123 Genova, Tel 010-256685 – For breakfast, a good lunch or a great aperitif in liberty style rooms
- Da Maria, Vico Testadoro 14 r, Genova, Tel 010-581080 – The traditional attraction – a place to experience the joy of food as a port worker
- Beluga, Via Jacopo da Levanto 15, 16123 Genova Tel 349-6688098 The place where to enjoy quality fish, cous cous
- Plogp – La passeggiata, Piazza di Santa Croce 21r, 16123 Genova – Tel 010-2543644 – La Passeggiata librocaffè. A place for many curiosities amongst books, for breakfast, lunch, tea-time and crépes
Discover the square of Piazza di Lavagna and Piazza delle Erbe, where the evening is young even late at night, with the many tables outside, to enjoy a drink or something to eat.